Here Are 5 Reasons Why Promotional Products Are Crucial For Any Business
Businesses need promotional products as a cost-effective means of reaching out to more potential customers. This is a low-cost marketing method to drive customers. Even established global players resort to this marketing strategy. For small businesses like startups, promotional products help cut their marketing budget and still draw people’s attention. Promotional products have been in use as a cost-effective marketing tactics for years. Right from new businesses to big enterprises, these giveaways are marketers’ favorite. A website sageworld.com has listed some interesting stats about the use of promotional products. Here are some of them:
- In the U.S, 8 out of 10 consumers have one to 10 promotional products. Out of 10 such consumers keep promotional products with them for up to two years.
- 85% of people do business with the advertiser after receiving a promotional item.
- 31% of the U.S consumers own a promotional bag.
- 89% of consumers can recall the advertiser even two years after receiving a promotional product.
- 63% of consumers give away their promotional products when not needed. The importance of promotional products for business promotion can be gauged from these stats. According to a study by PPAI, 94% of people remember where they received a promotional product gift. The study reveals that 83% of consumers like to get promotional products that has an advertising message. Those who receive the products, 85% of them do business with the advertiser. Furthermore, 58% of the surveyed consumers said they keep the gift items from one year to four years.
For better results, marketers use branded promotional products that the recipients can use for many months. Such quality products help keep consumers engaged with a brand. This means that one-time distribution of the gift items are good enough to engage customers with your brand for months. A rule of thumb most of the marketers follow for promotional product campaign is to give away the items of daily use. These gifts may be pens, calendars, mouse pads, umbrellas, water bottles, lip balms and so on. However, experienced marketers work out a creative strategy. They pick the items that are not only useful but unique and of high quality for a broader impact.
Here Are 5 Reasons Why Promotional Products Are Crucial For Your Business
1. Low-Cost Effective Marketing
Many small enterprises can only dream of an overwhelming advertising campaign of a large scale, spreading all over the divergent media. But they can still achieve their marketing goals with low-cost promotional products campaign. There are many low-cost promotional items for startups. Most of the manufacturers of promotional products keep the prices very low for mass distribution. Prices of the gift items are low but the impact is high on the recipients. According to Sageworld.com, mugs, in particular, are effective advertising as 57% of people were able to recall the advertiser on a mug. The products thus deliver great value for your investment. You will win your customers with a simple giveaway.
2. Instant Brand Recognition
Brand recognition implies that the consumers can identify your company and its products or services immediately when they spot your logo. For example, people can immediately recognize McDonald’s fast food business on seeing its yellow arch logo.
3. Greater Exposure Of Your Business
An advertisement on TV or billboard passes through your eyes immediately in a few seconds. But, gift items are in use for most of the time and are in front of eyes. For example, the consumers will wear your gift of a trendy t-shirt design for many days. Or, they will sip from your tea or coffee mug more often. Such freebies are an excellent way for increasing your business exposure on daily basis.
04. Works As Your Business Card
Business cards introduce your company and its products to consumers. Your promotional products also function more or less in the same way but with better results. When distributing your gift items related to your business and industry, you are actually introducing your business to potential consumers. According to Marketingsherpa.com, 71.6% of attendees who received a promotional product remembered the name of the company that gave them the product. Promotional products also work as part of your social media campaign. You can use promotional products as part of your social media campaign. For example, you should print your QR codes on a promotional bottle. You can also put your hashtags on t-shirts and other promotional items.5. Customer Loyalty
Your customers’ should be purchasing your company’s products frequently when needed. Marketers spend more additional resources to build a solid base of loyal customers. They use promotional products to drive customer loyalty in a short period. However, make sure that your promotional merchandise is of high-quality standards and preferably branded. People will associate premium quality of the gift items with your quality of business. This will help a lot in keeping the first time buyers of your products forever. An article published in Risinghillmarketing.com reveals customers who received a promotional product scored 52% higher than a letter only.